Sports Nut – Keeping Your Child Safe
Sports Nut take the safety and security of children participating in our sports coaching, swimming lessons and other sports activities very seriously.
We employ a range of stringent security and safeguarding measures, both in the day-to-day running and governing strategy of our company, to ensure the well-being and safety of your child.
- All Sports Nuts coaches are fully-insured and undergo enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks. Each coach holds up-to-date Emergency First-Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Children certification.
- All Sports Nut coaches are professionally trained and experienced in the sports disciplines they teach. All our cricket coaches are at least ECB Level 2 qualified or higher. All our swimming teachers are STA (Swimming Teachers Association) or ASA (Swim England) accredited, and trained and certified in lifeguarding and pool safety.
- Our coaches observe stringent safety and security procedures to ensure the well-being of children in our care, including registration at the lesson’s start, constant supervision throughout and regular head counts during pool and group coaching sessions.
- We have a raft of safety measures to maintain a secure environment at Davenies School, Beaconsfield. These include, operating a strict changing room policy (only allowing access to parents/carers of the youngest children to help with changing), a dedicated changing room supervisor to oversee the handover of children prior to, and after lessons and a secure door passcode entry system.
- If, on a rare occasion an accident occurs, all Sports Nut coaches are qualified to administer First-Aid and a First-Aid box is available at all Sports Nut Cricket courses and camps. In the event a child suffers a more severe injury, appropriate action, such as notifying the emergency services and parent/carer, will be taken immediately.
- Sports Nut coach children of all ages and abilities, including children with special needs. If your child requires medication and/or certain treatment to manage symptoms, we require a copy of your Medical Action Plan detailing the condition, what to look for and treatment to administer if needed.
Our policies on children’s safety and security are available to view, if you would like to discuss any aspect of our safeguarding procedures, please do come and talk to us.